The City of Starkville’s Landscape Advisory Board is formed to act as an advisory body to the Board of Aldermen with the following powers and duties:
- To hear all requests for a landscape waiver from landscape requirements in the Unified Zoning and Development Code and/or the Code’s Subdivision Regulations.
- To assist city employees with landscape and horticulture practices and develop recommended plant list.
- To coordinate with other Advisory Committees and Community Groups to facilitate City related tree and horticulture activities.
- Coordinate events and opportunities with the Mississippi Urban Forest Council.
- To recommend action that will promote the overall tree health and urban forestry for the City.
- To provide guidance as needed to City staff during the development and site plan review process for proposed projects within the City.