Starkville Municipal Court
The City of Starkville Municipal Court is located at 110 West Main Street inside city hall. The court employs one part-time judge, one part-time prosecutor and six additional full time court personnel. All court employees are committed to providing the citizens of Starkville and Oktibbeha County with effective, efficient, and courteous service.
Municipal court holds four court sessions per week and hears cases that originate inside the city limits of Starkville, Mississippi. Our normal business hours are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
The Starkville Municipal Court hears an average of approximately 12,000 new cases per year. These cases range from traffic citations to preliminary hearings for felony cases.
Municipal Court new court schedule. These changes will start effective Feb. 1. 2019
Monday at 1:00 pm- until
- The Monday night sessions of court will only be the : 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 6:00 pm
Wednesday at 2:00 pm- until
Thursday at 9:00 am- until
- The Thursday sessions of court will only be held on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month.
- 2 p.m.
- Initial appearance for traffic citations and DUIs
- 6 p.m.
- Appearance date for traffic citations, misdemeanors, and felonies
- 2 p.m.
- Trial and appearance date for traffic citations, misdemeanors,and preliminary hearings
- 2 p.m.
- Trial and appearance date for traffic citations, misdemeanors, and preliminary hearings
Municipal Court Personnel
- Municipal Judge: J. Brian Kelley
- Municipal Prosecutor: Caroline Moore
Deputy Court Clerks
- Pamela Simpson
- Jodi Hogue
- Chana Brooks
- Alicia Hu