Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
1. Closed: Parks and Recreation is closed on 15 February 2020
2. Travis Outlaw Center: (Monday – Friday) Walking hours from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
3. Starkville Stride Challenge: Parks and Recreation is partnering with the Starkville Partnership to promote a competitive step challenge.
a. Individuals or teams are able to sign up and compete to see who can walk the most steps in 8 weeks. Winners will receive prizes.
b. Registration starts February 1 to March 1
c. Cost: $10 per person to sign up.
d. See the attached flyer for more details.
4. Start Smart Baseball/Softball ($40 per child): This is an 8-week program for 3-4-year-olds that utilizes the National Alliance of Youth Sports "Start Smart Sports" curriculum to teach young athletes the basic skills and knowledge to help them be successful in organized sports. Registration will begin March 1 and run through March 19. Teams will be auto-assigned on March 20. Activities will begin the week of April 5 and where coaches will follow the Start Smart Baseball/Softball curriculum to teach the skills and drills for the program. In the final 2 weeks, teams will play T-Ball games to combine all the skills they learned over the course of the program.
5. Youth Baseball ($70 per child) and Youth Softball ($40 per child) 2021 - The registration for Youth Baseball and Youth Softball will begin on March 1 and run through March 19. Teams will be auto-assigned on March 20 for ages 5-8. For ages, 9-12 drafts will be held March 22-23. Games will be played from April 5 - May 14. Make-Up Games will be played May 17-21. Postseason tournament May 24-28.
6. Changes for 2021 ·
a. The coach pitch division will manage the game with coaches and scorekeepers.
b. (2) umpires will be supplied for all kid-pitch games (ages 9-12).
c. Due to COVID, we recommend that athletes buy their own catcher's gear and batting helmets to help prevent the spread of the virus. We will have catcher gear available for coaches to check out for practices. It will be provided for games as needed, with appropriate sanitation to be done between uses.
d. Parks and Recreation will pre-schedule one practice for each team. Each team will have one free practice (with or without lights) that the coach can schedule with SPRD Athletic staff anytime during the season.
e. All fields are first come first serve (nonlighted) which are at no cost to teams but are subject to availability.
f. Scheduled practice field usage, Parks and Recreation will provide a special participation rate of $10 for a 90-minutes practice session (with or without lights) but must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance. Normal Field rental rates will apply for all reservations made within 24 hours of usage.
g. Parks and Recreation will not provide baseball pants. Currently, Parks and Recreation have pants in the inventory which will be sold for $5 a pair. There is a limited number of sizes and quantities.
h. Additional COVID requirements will be provided upon sign up.